Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders were undoubtedly among the biggest new makeup releases in 2013, so it was no surprise that when they announced the launch of the Ambient Lighting Blushes, the beauty interwebz went wild. Choosing one to purchase sight unseen was arguably one of the most headache-inducing tasks I've performed all month, because: 1) all six shades look breathtaking in promo pictures, and 2) there's no way to tell what the actual color will look like once the two shades are swirled together. Luckily, the shade I eventually chose is probably also the one that suits my blush taste the most. Phew, "crisis" averted.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion is described as a "subdued coral." Its color comes as a result of a gorgeous marbling of the Dim Light Ambient Lighting Powder with a coral blush. The overall shade achieved is a peach with a hint of coral. Obviously, there will be some variation in the veining with each blush, so other Dim Infusions may yield slightly different effects. 

With my particular blush, since most of the coral veining is concentrated in the middle of the pan, I have the option of toning down the brightness a bit by dipping my brush into either the bottom left or top right of the pan, rather than in the center.

The texture of Dim Infusion is exactly like that of my other Ambient Lighting Powders - soft, buttery and finely milled. Because of this, it's possible for your brush to kick up some powder if you're not careful. Tapping your brush into the powder, rather than swirling it around, works best. Even so, I still notice a bit of powder being dusted into the air when I apply it to my cheeks. I'd say it has a satin finish (one of my favorites!), although it runs on the more matte end of the spectrum than shimmery; it blends beautifully into the skin, isn't chalky and doesn't accentuate pores.

Dim Infusion has great pigmentation, but keeping in mind that it's a lighter blush shade, it would probably best suit fair to light-medium skin tones (I'd guess NC25 or lighter). The shade actually reminds me a bit of Milani Luminoso but with less sheen. It shows up beautifully on my NC20 complexion, and I appreciate that it's hard to overdo.

So, I know you all must be wondering now - is it worth the hype? In all honesty, I think it's difficult for a powder blush to truly be revolutionary anymore. If you're someone who has plenty of blush already that you're happy with, although beautiful, these probably won't add much to your collection. On the other hand, if you're someone who just has a few staple blushes that they rotate through (I'm thinking like one really nice pink blush, one really nice peach blush, etc.), then you might just find one or two in this line worthy of being added to your routine line-up. Basically, do you need these? No. Are they nice to have? Ain't nobody touching my Dim Infusion. Does that answer your question?

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion is available from Sephora for $35.

Paylaş

Melisa

    Google ile yorum yap!
    Facebook ile yorum yap!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Bir düşüncen varsa eğer söyle bana ?

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.