Brown Smokey Eyes with Clinique Black Honey

I was getting tired of the same old looks I'd been creating with my LORAC PRO Palette and Laura Mercier Artist Palette lately, so I decided on a daytime, brown smokey eye today using a much loved eyeshadow I have yet to speak about on the ol' blog. I'd never been bothered to try Clinique eyeshadows before, but after I heard they reformulated the All About Shadow line and included a red-brown shade, I felt it was the perfect opportunity to dip my toes in.
Other products in this look:
Chanel Les Beiges in 30
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 3.5
NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee
Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in West
Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara

Clinique All About Shadow in Black Honey is a shimmery red-toned brown. It's incredibly smooth, pigmented, easy to blend and long-wearing. Admittedly, red-browns are among my favorite eyeshadow shades, especially on my warm complexion, and Black Honey is no exception. At at a cool $15, it doesn't exactly break the bank either.
Today, I'm wearing Clinique Black Honey all over my lid up to the crease with a touch of LORAC Taupe (from the PRO Palette) to transition it out. I also have a bit of Black Honey smudged into my lower lash line. After adding some Urban Decay West on my top lash line and waterline, this super simple brown smokey eye was complete.


When creating a smokey eye using predominantly one eyeshadow, it's important that the shadow you choose is good enough to stand on its own, and Black Honey certainly is. Its red undertones make it stand out, even against brown eyes, and its shimmer gives it just the right amount of dimension and visual interest to keep it from appearing flat. Pair this stunning shade with Clinique's new and fantastic formula and I think it's pretty clear why Black Honey is a current favorite!

Clinique All About Shadow in Black Honey is available from Sephora for $15.

Paylaş

Melisa

    Google ile yorum yap!
    Facebook ile yorum yap!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Bir düşüncen varsa eğer söyle bana ?

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.