The Spring Edit

Spring used to be the season of pastels for me, but I think I've finally outgrown that obsession (not to mention, pastel tones look horrific on my skin tone). This season, I'll be focusing on light and fresh skin, natural, barely-there eyes, with pops of color in cheery floral shades on my cheeks and lips in varying degrees of subtlety.

For a fresh base, I've been loving Bourjois Happy Light Foundation. It has light to medium coverage with a dewy and illuminating finish. As with all the Bourjois foundations I've tried, it blends easily and lasts well throughout the day. Perking up a dull, post-winter complexion? Check.

Stila In the Know Palette is a great all matte, neutral palette that doesn't often get talked about (admittedly, the orange shade is a bit of an odd ball). It makes perfecting the barely-there eye look a breeze. I've been mixing Desert and Rain and sweeping that messily all over the lid and on my lower lash line. If needed, Earth and Ebony double as liner shades as well...smudged out, of course.

Two blushes that have not left my cheeks lately are Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop and Milani Luminoso. Plum Pop is a cool-toned medium pink that, against all odds, seems to flatter even my warm complexion, and Luminoso is an old standby that has yet to disappoint me. Considering it's affordable and available at the drugstore, I don't hesitate at all in saying it's a must-have product.

Lip options include CHANEL Rouge Coco in Cheri for an everyday petal pink and Givenchy Le Rouge in Rose Dressing or Lancôme Lip Lover in Orange Manege when my lips are crying out for a bit more punch. Le Rouge is one of my all time favorite lipstick ranges (Rose Dressing is a beautiful coral pink), and the Lip Lovers are a more recent favorite in which I'm already crafting up a wish list of shades to add to Orange Manege.

Lastly, the scent of the season award goes to Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia, gifted to me by the ever so generous Mel. I'm a lover of floral scents, and this one just screams my name. It's feminine, sophisticated and suitable both during the day and at nighttime. And, if you can't wear floral scents in the spring, when can you wear them, right?


Paylaş

Melisa

    Google ile yorum yap!
    Facebook ile yorum yap!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Bir düşüncen varsa eğer söyle bana ?

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.