Dupes or not?

Sometimes when I swatch something and notice how similar it seems to another product in my collection, I make a mental note to compare the two later on. All too often, however, I realize months later that the idea completely escaped me at some point and I never got around to doing it. Here are three comparisons that are long overdue...

Comparison 1
Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 401
MAC Lipstick in Lady Danger

Comparison 2
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso

Comparison 3
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Strawberry Jam
BITE Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Sancerre

L to R:
Armani 401
MAC Lady Danger
Hourglass Dim Infusion
Milani Luminoso
NYX Strawberry Jam
BITE Beauty Sancerre

:: 1 :: Armani 401 and Lady Danger are nearly identical, with the only difference being that 401 is slightly more orange. Lady Danger is matte, and 401 is a velvet finish that is nearly matte once dry. I prefer the Armani as I find the formula infinitely more comfortable to wear compared to MAC's matte lipstick formula.

:: 2 :: Shade-wise, Dim Infusion and Luminoso are very similar. The latter has a base that is just a pinch darker and pinker; however, the most obvious difference between the two is Dim Infusion's satin finish versus Luminoso's shimmery one.

:: 3 :: Finish-wise, Strawberry Jam and Sancerre are very similar, both drying down to velvet, nearly matte finishes. Strawberry Jam is pinker, while Sancerre has more red, although the difference is less apparent on the lips. In terms of formula, I much prefer BITE's offering, as the color is more long-wearing and much more comfortable on the lips.

I know the mere usage of the term 'dupe' often gets some people worked up, so I'd rather not deem these as being as such or not. Hopefully, these comparisons will allow you to decide for yourself :)


Paylaş

Melisa

    Google ile yorum yap!
    Facebook ile yorum yap!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Bir düşüncen varsa eğer söyle bana ?

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.