The Best of 2014: Everything Else + Honorable Mentions

The third and final installment of 'The Best of 2014' is dedicated to hair, nails, fragrance and brushes.

In terms of hair products, although I'm rarely ever loyal to a shampoo or conditioner, I'm fiercely loyal to two particular styling products: Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray and Chi 44 Iron Guard. I like to spray the Oribe into my dry hair and fluff it around with my fingers, and I find it adds the most sexy, effortless texture through the lengths and volume at the crown that actually last. And it smells incredible. The Chi is a heat protectant that I use before straightening or curling, but my favorite part about it is the extra bit of hold it provides my hair (especially the curls!). It kind of doubles as a subtle hairspray, although it's used before styling.

For nails, the Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover is the easiest and fastest product for dissolving overgrown cuticles, without actually having to snip them off. I just apply the gel to my cuticles, leave it on for 15-30 seconds before using a finger nail to gently push them back and washing it all off under warm water. My most worn polish this year was Nails Inc. Gel Effect in Porchester Square. It's the most chic grey with a hint of lavender that works in every season and for any occasion. After painting my nails, I always spray them with a coat of OPI RapiDry Spray, and it makes my polish dry noticeably quicker so that I can go with on with the rest of my day.

My fragrance picks of the year are Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and White. I really like them separately as well, but my favorite way to wear them is layered (I personally wear Black over White, although it probably doesn't matter). The combined scent is sexy and slightly unusual, but so feminine and beautiful as well. I'm obsessed.

My favorite brushes this year, in general, are the Real Techniques brushes (shown is the Travel Essentials kit). I love the buffing brush, multi-task brush and expert face brush, just to name a few. I also love their Miracle Complexion Sponge. The quality of the Real Techniques brushes surpasses several brushes I own from pricier brands, and the affordability really can't be beat.

Lastly, I wanted to end this post with some honorable mentions that didn't quite make the cut in this year's 'Best of 2014' posts, but they're still far too good not to give credit to. So, my 2014 Honorable Mentions include:
  • Make Up For Ever HD Blushes // the best cream blush formula ever
  • Lancôme Lip Lovers // a favorite lip gloss-lacquer hybrid of mine this year
  • NUDE Skincare ProGenius Treatment Oil // love it on its own or mixed with my moisturizer for extra cushiony hydration
  • Sephora Formula X in the shade X  Rouge // a VIB Rouge-exclusive shade, this has the most flawless application I've ever experienced with any polish - completely opaque and non-streaky in one coat
  • CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour SPF15 Powder // love No30 for some added glow and subtle color 
  • Hourglass Immaculate Foundation // my go-to foundation when I need my makeup to last all day on my combination skin


Paylaş

Melisa

    Google ile yorum yap!
    Facebook ile yorum yap!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Bir düşüncen varsa eğer söyle bana ?

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.