One Taupe Base Suits All

A recent re-discovery is the Smashbox Limitless 15 Hr Wear Cream Shadow in Topaz. I used it out of the blue one day, and since then, I've worn it almost daily. I love it on its own, but my favorite way to wear it is paired with a variety of different eyeshadows. I've learned that if it has even a hint of taupe in it, it's guaranteed to look phenomenal on top of Topaz.
Topaz is described as a soft golden beige, but on me, it reads more silvery taupe. It's quite metallic when swatched heavily, but it blends out to a sheer wash of color when worn on its own. Coming from someone who doesn't have much luck with the staying power of most MAC Paint Pots, Topaz wears all day without creasing on me, even when it's not set with a powder. In fact, when I use it as a base for other eyeshadows, I'm able to forgo primer altogether.

From left to right (all eyeshadows are shown layered on top of Topaz):
Smashbox Topaz 
NARS Bellissima
NARS Kalahari
Benefit Where There's Smoke
Burberry Pale Barley
Burberry Rosewood

I love the extra dimension and lasting powder Topaz provides as a base for taupe shadows. Even under a matte shade like Bellissima, the overall effect is just a bit more glowy, without being overtly shimmery. I can't quite explain why I love it so much, except that it seems to enhance most every eyeshadow I pair it with. 

If you've never tried the Smashbox Limitless 15 Hr Wear Cream Shadows, you're missing out. And, if you're a lover of all things taupe, Topaz is certainly worth a gander. While you're at it, try swatching it under other eyeshadows. You'll see what I mean.

Smashbox Limitless 15 Hr Wear Cream Shadow in Topaz is available from Sephora for $20.

Paylaş

Melisa

    Google ile yorum yap!
    Facebook ile yorum yap!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Bir düşüncen varsa eğer söyle bana ?

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.