Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel Luxury Palette


Do you see this gorgeousness? Swoooon. I got my first taste of Charlotte Tilbury via her stunning limited edition luxury palette, Fallen Angel ($65), and she's a beauty, for sure. It was also my first time ordering from Beautylish.com, and I was extremely impressed. Firstly, I received $10 off my order of $50+ because I was a first time buyer. Then, I received shipping confirmation less than half an hour after placing my order, and of course, I thought, "No way it's already shipped." But, when I was able to track my package online after a few hours, I could see that it really had been shipped out after about an hour or two. I received my package two days later, and not only was it well packaged, but there was a handwritten note welcoming me to Beautylish. It's the little things.

Anyway, back to Fallen Angel. The packaging is simple, yet chic, and this particular palette has gold stars all over the case as well as star detailing imprinted into the shadows themselves. On the back, there is a guide on how to utilize each shade (prime, enhance, pop and smoke), although I think you could really do whatever you want.

The Fallen Angel Luxury Palette includes a beige, taupe, bronze and soft black. Sure, the shades don't sound exciting, but sometimes you just need the staple shades in a kick-ass formula, you know? The first three are all slightly frosty and metallic, while the black has a much more muted sheen (it comes off closer to a matte to me than anything). I was actually expecting this palette to be more cool-toned than it really is. The bronze is very obviously reddened and warm, but the taupe ended up being more of a brown taupe than a silvery taupe like I'd initially thought, which is great, because silver looks gross on me. I'm also starting to realize the usefulness of having a black shade in a palette, whether it's to deepen your day look into night, or just to set your liner. It's safe to say this palette marked my revival of the smokey eye.

These shadows are unlike the existing Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow formula in that they can be used wet or dry, where using it wet yields more intensity. I have yet to try them on a dampened brush, simply because I find they already perform so well dry that there is no need.

I've heard people compare the texture of these shadows to that of a gelee, such as the powder gelee blushes and eyeshadows by Estee Lauder. I have never tested out a gelee formulation myself, so I can't say whether or not I agree. Regardless, these shadows are ultra smooth and not at all lacking in the pigmentation department. They apply and blend beautifully. They also feel more tightly packed than most powder eyeshadows to me, and as a result, they're not powdery and don't produce much fallout, if any.

Swatched dry
Here, I'm wearing the lightest shade on the inner half of my lid, the taupe shade on the outer half, the bronze shade through the crease, and I used the black shade to darken up the crease and outer v. It had been far too long since I'd worn a smokey eye, and I was surprised by how much I loved this look.

As a lover of palettes and having all of the shades I adore in one place, I'm over the moon with the addition of Fallen Angel to my collection. Overall, I'd say if you already have nice quality dupes of every shade (which is entirely possible, as none of the shades are very unique), you could pass on this palette. However, I do think the quality and shade combination is worth the price tag, and I don't regret for a second snatching up this limited edition beauty before it's gone for good.


Paylaş

Melisa

    Google ile yorum yap!
    Facebook ile yorum yap!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Bir düşüncen varsa eğer söyle bana ?

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.