The Best of 2014: Beauty Vlogger Make up

Most of these will be of no surprise to those who frequent my blog, and several of these 2014 favorites are actually repeats from past years. Beauty bloggers are fickle creatures, often straying from supposed 'favorites' just to find new ones a short time later, so if a yearly favorite is also able to find its way onto next year's post, you know it's a good one.

My favorite foundation of 2014 was definitely Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, with its healthy, perfectly luminous finish. There were several months during the summer when my bottle of shade 3.5 was a bit too ghostly on my tanned complexion, but I'm happy to report that we are matching once again. For concealer, Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer continues to win my heart. I love the hydration and coverage it provides my under-eye area, and the fact that it works well on blemishes, too, is just an added bonus. Make Up For Ever Pro Finish Powder Foundation is my powder of choice, whether it's to set my foundation or to be used as a foundation itself. Its silky smooth texture just melts into the skin and never looks cakey.

Bronzer and blush were two of the most difficult categories for me to choose favorites in, and in the end, I was only able to narrow it down to a favorite bronzer (I just have too many blush loves!). Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in Sun Blondes provides gorgeous bronze color with just a hint of red to mimic a real suntan, and the texture makes it impossible to over-apply. The coral-red undertone means it can double as blush, too! For highlight, although Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in By Candlelight was probably my true favorite for daily use, theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer made the cut because it provides a more dramatic sheen for going-out looks, yet it can still be applied more sheerly for daytime as well. Its versatility made it a favorite this year, especially when it came time to do makeup for a couple weddings.

For the sake of keeping my list of favorites succint, the lone eyeshadow included this year is Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow in 15 Copper/Black Grey. It's one of the best formulas I've ever tried, and the shade itself is stunning, to say the least. Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner is making a repeat appearance this year, as it continues to be my favorite tool for creating a winged line. Hourglass 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner is new to this list, but it's quickly become a staple for me for tightlining. It has incredible jet black pigmentation that lasts all day on my waterline without transferring. In terms of mascara, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara is still my product of choice after all these years. It gives me a voluminous and dramatic lash and holds a curl better than any mascara I've tried before. For eyebrows, Shu Uemura Hard Formula Brow Pencil in Stone Gray performs the best on me, both in terms of color and staying power.

Lastly, my two lip favorites are the Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Colors and the Givenchy Le Rouge line. I love the former for its creamy formula that is never drying, soft matte finish and exceptional staying power. The latter boasts the most gorgeous shade selection, and the ultra-creamy, moisturizing and pigmented formula is quite frankly, faultless


Paylaş

Melisa

    Google ile yorum yap!
    Facebook ile yorum yap!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Bir düşüncen varsa eğer söyle bana ?

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.