A Tale of Two Eye Creams

After running out of my second tube of my beloved Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream a few months ago, I came to the difficult conclusion that the time had come for me to try something new. Why, you ask? Well, it definitely wasn't because I didn't love it. Pai's offering is fantastic, and I enjoyed it down to the very last drop. I'd recommend it to just about anyone. 

Truth is, I've only tried a handful of eye creams in my day (all of which were samples of some sort, besides Pai's), and I just had one of those "How do I know it's the best if I haven't tried the rest?" kind of moments. 'Tis the mind of a beauty blogger, no? And that was how this tale began.

After doing a bit of research into various eye creams that fit my wish list criteria - moisturizing, thick enough for nighttime but not too heavy for daytime, sits well under makeup - I actually ended up going with one that had no reviews yet, since it was new at the time. I'd tried a few things from NUDE Skincare before and loved them all, so I basically put all my trust in the brand when I picked up their Advanced Renewal Eye Complex ($58 for 0.5 oz). I had such high hopes.

This eye cream claims to do every possible thing an eye cream can do and then some. Firm, nourish, moisturize, smooth wrinkles, tighten, revitalize and brighten. That's it? *skeptical eyes* It has a much lighter, thinner consistency than what I was after, and I found it not nearly hydrating enough when used overnight. My eye area felt bare and dehydrated come morning. One pump is more than you need for both eyes, and my eye area wasn't able to absorb it all in one go. I had to attempt to pat it all in under and around my eyes, wait about 20 seconds for some of it to absorb, then go back in and pat the rest in before my skin could actually soak it all up. It also needs time to set before you can apply under-eye concealer, otherwise, you're left with patchiness that's incredibly irritating when you're already running late. I went back and forth on this one quite a lot. Most days, I felt indifferent about it, as it's not terrible, but it definitely isn't great either. Final say? If indifference was free, I would've kept it and used it up; but, in this case, it cost me $58, so back to Sephora it went. Key ingredients: omega 3,6 and 9, hyaluronic acid, Polypeptide Repair Complex, CoQ10.

Just before it went back, I picked up the Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment ($38 for 0.35 oz), as recommended to me by Alison. Confession: I've become a bit of a skincare snob lately, and a part of me was skeptical about skincare products released by brands that are primarily focused on makeup. Yeah, Tarte makes great blushes, but eye cream? How could it possibly be that great? 

It's an eye treatment meant to hydrate, firm and brighten. I didn't care too much about the brightening claim, as I have concealers/brighteners/correctors for that, and honestly, I don't really buy it anyway. After using it, I can confirm that I've not yet seen any real difference in brightness, but I have noticed hydration and firming benefits. What I love most about Tarte's eye treatment is the texture. It's thick, creamy and luscious, but not heavy or greasy in the slightest. It absorbs quickly and creates the perfect canvas for makeup without requiring a waiting period, and when I use it at night, my eye area feels plump, supple and hydrated when I wake up. Compared to Pai Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream, Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment feels more water-based and slightly less heavy (though Pai's isn't exactly heavy either), but it's just as hydrating. It was love at first use with this baby. Key ingredients: Maracuja oil and vitamin C.

Though I had much higher expectations and was generally more excited about the NUDE Skincare Advanced Renewal Eye Complex, the Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment was the one that completely blew me away. The creamy texture and long-lasting hydration properties sans greasiness are exactly what I look for in a good eye cream. It chips away at my skincare brand snobbery little by little every time I use it ;)

What's your favorite eye cream?


Paylaş

Melisa

    Google ile yorum yap!
    Facebook ile yorum yap!

0 yorum:

Yorum Gönder

Bir düşüncen varsa eğer söyle bana ?

Blogger tarafından desteklenmektedir.